Links to some resources in geometry
Web resources are changing - some of them stay long, some disappear fast. Therefore at any given moment we can not guarantee that all of these links will work as they work now (August 31, 2010). We also do not know whether their content will satisfy your needs. These are just some of our suggestions.
Some papers on teaching geometry:
Dynamic geometry programs and the practice of geometry(Walter Whitely)
The Decline and Rise of Geometry in 20th Century North America (Walter Whitely)
- Casey, John A treatise on spherical trigonometry, and its application to geodesy and astronomy, with numerous examples.
- Chauvenet, William A treatise on plane and spherical geometry.
- Church, Albert E. (Albert Ensign) Elements of descriptive geometry; with its applications to spherical projections, shades and shadows, perspective and isometric projections.
- Coddington, Emily, A brief account of the historical development of pseudospherical surfaces from 1827 to 1887 ...
- Craig, Thomas, A treatise on projections.
- Field, Peter, Projective geometry, with applications to engineering.
- Granville, William Anthony Plane and spherical trigonometry, and Four-place tables of logarithms.
- Hammer, E. (Ernst) Lehrbuch der ebenen und sphärischen trigonometrie. Zum gebrauch bei selbstunterricht und in schulen, besonders als vorbereitung auf geodäsie und sphärische astronomie, bearb.
- Klein, Felix Famous problems of elementary geometry: the duplication of the cube; the trisection of an angle; the quadrature of the circle; an authorized translation of F. Klein's Vorträge über ausgewählte fragen der elementargeometrie, ausgearbeitet von F. Tägert, by Wooster Woodruff Beman and David Eugene Smith ...
- Lobachevskii, N. I. Geometrical researches on the theory of parallels,... tr. from the original by George Bruce Halsted ... .
- Lyman, Elmer A. Plane and spherical trigonometry,
- National Committee of fifteen on geometry syllabus.: Final report of the Naitonal committee of fifteen on geometry syllabus. Authorized jointly by the National education association and the American federation of teachers of the mathematical and natural sciences.
- Newman, Francis William The difficulties of elementary geometry, especially those which concern the straight line, the plane, and the theory of parallels.
- Passano, Leonard M. Plane and spherical trigonometry.
- Taylor, T. U. The elements of plane and spherical trigonometry.
- Wentworth, G. A. Plane and spherical trigonometry, surveying and tables.