Cornell Topology Festival
May 2-4, 1997
You are cordially invited to attend the 35th Annual Cornell Topology
There will be seven one-hour lectures and much opportunity for
The festivities will begin on Friday, May 2 with tea at 3:45 PM
followed by the first talk at 4:30 PM, and will end about noon on Sunday.
Click to see a detailed schedule of events,
with links to abstracts of the talks.
that the festival this year will begin on FRIDAY afternoon and continue until
SUNDAY noon, unlike past years
when it has begun on Thursday and continued through Saturday. Talks
will be held in GOLDWIN SMITH HALL instead of in Clark
Hall as in previous years.
- Lisa Carbone (Columbia University)
NON-UNIFORM LATTICES ON UNIFORM TREES
- Bill Dwyer (Notre Dame University)
HOMOLOGY DECOMPOSITIONS OF CLASSIFYING SPACES
- Mike Hopkins (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
TOPOLOGICAL MODULAR FORMS
- Bruce Kleiner (University of Pennsylvania)
THE LARGE-SCALE GEOMETRY OF SPACES WITH NONPOSITIVE CURVATURE
- Michah Sageev (University of Southampton)
JSJ-SPLITTINGS FOR FINITELY PRESENTED GROUPS
- Zlil Sela (Columbia University)
LOW-DIMENSIONAL TOPOLOGY, ALGEBRAIC GEOMETRY OVER GROUPS,
AND THE ELEMENTARY THEORY OF FREE GROUPS
- Zoltan Szabo (Princeton University)
DISPROVING THE MINIMAL CONJECTURE
- Please respond via the response form or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click here for information on housing.
- NEW!! Graduate students! Click here to request housing with Cornell graduate students.
- Click here for a complete Schedule of events.
- Click here to sign up for the Banquet
- Click here for zoomable maps of Ithaca and the Cornell Campus. Talks will take place
in Goldwin Smith Hall, located in the Arts Quad of Cornell.
Questions and comments may
be addressed to: email@example.com