Damiano's Home Page
My name is Damiano Testa
and I am a visiting
assistant professor at the
Mathematics Department of
Cornell University. I obtained my
PhD from MIT, where my thesis advisor
was Johan de Jong.
As an undergraduate, I went to
Università "La Sapienza" in
Rome, Italy, and my advisor was
My field of interest is algebraic geometry.
Teaching - Spring 2006
- Math191 Calculus For Engineers
- Math767 Algebraic Geometry: Algebraic Surfaces
- Curriculum Vitæ
- The Severi problem for rational curves on del Pezzo
surfaces, Ph.D Thesis, April 25, 2005.
(Here is a singlespaced version)
- A computational proof that the ideal of relations generated
by the conic bundles for the Cox ring of a general del Pezzo surface of degree four over the complex
numbers is radical.
- A note giving a numerical characterization of
the classes of (very) free rational curves on a del Pezzo surface.
- A note proving that the ideal of relations of the
Cox ring of a del Pezzo surface X is generated by homogeneous polinomials of nef Pic(X)-degree.
My new homepage
Last modified: January 29, 2006