Nuts and Bolts Questionnaire in Blackboard
Here find useful files and instructions for implementing the Nuts and Bolts Questionnaire in Blackboard.
BlackBoard provides no simple way to see a sample of the on-line version within Blackboard so I have made a Demo of the on-line version of the questionnaire which you can see without logging in to BlackBoard or enrolling in a sample course. The Demo Nuts And Bolts Questionnaire behaves the way the BlackBoard implementation does, but the [SUBMIT] and [CANCEL] buttons are inactive.
For an existing Bb Course: a Blackboard file for import into an existing course:
- ExportFile_Questionnaire.zip: Bb Nuts and Bolts Export file "package" for import into an existing course. Download this to disk. Do not unzip.
- Import the package into your course, Choose a content area in which to make the survey available, and set its availability as desired.
- Download the Export file file to your computer do not unzip it and then go to
CONTROL PANEL/IMPORT PACKAGE in your Blackboard Site.
- Confirm that you are importing to the course you intend.
- Browse to the export file downloaded above.
Tests, Surveys, and Pools
- You now have the Questionnaire available in
Control Panel/Course Tools/Tests, Surveys, and Pools where you can examine it.
- You now must choose a content area in which to deploy it (e.g. in
Control Panel/Content Areas/Assignments/+Survey[Go] )
- You will find Survey under the Assesments Tab. From there you can select
Nuts and Bolts
- You now have the Questionnaire in your selected content area and can
CONTROL PANEL/ASSIGNMENTS/MODIFY SURVEY/SURVEY OPTIONS[NUTS AND BOLTS]
- Confirm Survey Information
- Adjust Survey availability. You will probably want to:
Make the link available * Yes o No
Create an announcement for this Survey * Yes o No
[x] Allow multiple attempts. Permit users to take this Survey multiple times.
[ ] Force Completion. Survey must be completed the first time it is launched.
[ ] Set timer. Set expected completion time. Selecting this option also records completion time for this Survey.
- Survey Feedback -- as you wish
- Survey Presentation Recommend Presentation Mode * All at once
To view the survey results
- a brief video shows how to see the results of the survey:
ITO Support Available:
The Math Department's Instructional Technology Office is available to support this and other aspects of your teaching. If you would like help using any of the above files or information, please let us know. If you would like us to modify your Blackboard site directly, please see the notes below.
For an existing Bb Course: how to grant us permission to help.
For us to make any changes to a Blackboard Site, someone on the ITO staff must be enrolled in your course. Depending on the level of involvement:
CONTROL PANEL/LIST . MODIFY USERS/MODIFY USER PROPERTIES must be set by an Instructor to include a Role of one of the following:
- Course Builder
- Teaching Assistant
- Availability can be toggled between Yes and No as services are desired.
- To simplify enrollment for you, a file is available here to enroll:
- Dick Furnas -- as
Topic revision: r4 - 2013-03-04 - 16:28:09 - DickFurnas