The Mathematics Department offers a rich variety of courses in analysis, algebra, combinatorics, topology, geometry, probability, statistics, and logic. Members of the department are available to discuss with students the appropriate course for their levels of ability and interest. Students are encouraged to avail themselves of this advice.
Academic Support for Mathematics Students (PDF) — Don't wait until the end of the semester to ask for help!
Course Descriptions and Numbering System
- Lower-Level Courses for Freshmen and Sophomores
- Upper-Level Courses for Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors
- Mathematics for Secondary School Teachers (MATH 5080)
- Course Numbering System
Credit and Placement
- Advanced Placement for Calculus
- Transferring Credit from Another Institution
- First Steps in Mathematics (an advising guide)
- Is There Life After Calculus? (an advising guide)
Fall 2014 Classes
- Pre-enrollment for Fall 2014 Classes
- Fall 2014 Course Roster
- Fall 2014 Graduate Courses
- Fall 2014 Textbook List
Summer Session 2014
Course Archive — Course descriptions and textbook lists for past semesters are saved here.