The Mathematics Department offers a rich variety of courses in analysis, algebra, combinatorics, topology, geometry, probability, statistics, and logic. Members of the department are available to discuss with students the appropriate course for their levels of ability and interest. Students are encouraged to avail themselves of this advice.
Academic Support for Mathematics Students (PDF) — Don't wait until the end of the semester to ask for help!
Course Descriptions and Numbering System
- Lower-Level Courses for Freshmen and Sophomores
- Upper-Level Courses for Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors
- Mathematics for Secondary School Teachers (MATH 5080)
- Course Numbering System
Credit and Placement
- Advanced Placement for Calculus
- Transferring Credit from Another Institution
- First Steps in Mathematics (an advising guide)
- Is There Life After Calculus? (an advising guide)
Fall 2017 Classes
Spring 2017 Classes
- Add/Drop for Spring 2017 Classes
- Spring 2017 Class Roster
- Spring 2017 Graduate Courses
- Textbook List
Summer Session 2017
Course Archive — Graduate course descriptions for past semesters are saved here.