Approaches to Group Theory was held Oct 9–11, 2010.
Some photos are posted!
Please send any outstanding requests for reimbursement to:
Department of Mathematics
323 Malott Hall
Ithaca, NY 14853
Attention: Joy Jones
The conference will bring together researchers studying groups using a variety of tools. Talks will feature algebraic, analytic, and geometric approaches to understanding groups, including such tools as homological algebra, group actions on buildings and other simplicial complexes, and random walks on groups.
The conference is dedicated to Ken Brown. We recognize Ken as an important contributor to all of these approaches to Group Theory, and as an excellent mentor and role-model for many of us.
- Peter Abramenko, University of Virginia
- Robert Bieri, Goethe Universität, Frankfurt
- Martin Bridson, University of Oxford
- Kai-Uwe Bux, Bielefeld University
- Persi Diaconis, Stanford University
- Ross Geoghegan, Binghamton University
- Laurent Saloff-Coste, Cornell University
- Melanie Stein, Trinity College
- Olympia Talelli, University of Athens
- Richard Weiss, Tufts University